Today I decided to experiment with a coconut flour based muffin. I obtained the base recipe from The Coconut Mama, who has so many delicious coconut flour (and other coconut) recipes.
I decided to add the blueberries in frozen, just before putting the batter into the cupcake tins. It worked beautifully as you can see below.
Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins 1
I’m so excited that I’ll have a super great base recipe to work with in the future. I want to try making banana nut muffins, raspberry coconut muffins, and pumpkin muffins with this base too.
I was a bit concerned that the family wouldn’t like the texture of these, but they were a huge hit with everyone! They even liked the honey sweetened aspect of them, as opposed to being sweetened with sugar (which I try hard to avoid). Again, everyone went back for seconds and even thirds throughout the day, which let me know that this recipe is definitely a winner!
So without further ado, here’s the recipe for you.
Coconut Blueberry Flour Muffins 2
Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins
Makes approximately 12 Muffins
*3/4 cup of coconut flour
*1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
*1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
*1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
*1/2 cup of raw honey
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla
* 3/4 cup Frozen Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and mix in melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Let sit for 35 minutes or until coconut flour has absorbed the liquid.
3. Add frozen blueberries into your batter just before scooping it into your muffin tins.
4. Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan. Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full of batter.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let muffins cool before serving.
5. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins 3