I made this recipe this morning as a brunch type dish. It is so delicious with the slightly sweet topping, and pumpkin-y casserole filling. I will make this recipe again and again, especially for women’s breakfasts at our church, potlucks, family get togethers, holiday dinners, etc. This is super easy to make, and cools quickly after taking out of the oven. I got the idea for this recipe from this web site and have deviated only slightly from it, using the ingredients that I had on hand instead.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family does. Happy eating! ❤
Pumpkin Pie Casserole
* 4 cups pumpkin puree (in a pinch you could use squash puree instead)
* 1/4 cup maple syrup
* 2 eggs (or flax eggs for vegans)
* 4 tblsp butter (or Earth Balance spread for vegans)
* 1/2 cup milk of choice
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp salt
*2 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or chopped pecans)
* 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
* 1/2 cup raw sugar (or coconut sugar for vegans)
* 3 tblsp butter (or Earth Balance spread for vegans)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the first eleven ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix until well incorporated.
3. Place pumpkin mixture in a 9×13 inch greased baking dish.
4. Combine the walnuts, coconut, raw sugar, and butter until everything is well incorporated.
5. Sprinkle evenly over the pumpkin mixture.
6. Bake for 60-75 minutes, until the top is well browned and the casserole is set.