I’ve adapted this recipe from here. This was another meatless hit with the family, so I’m sure that I’ll be making it again and again. Enjoy!
Herbed Cauliflower & Quinoa Pilaf
* 2/3 cup Plain Yogurt (I used Stoneyfield Whole Plain Yogurt. Vegans could use soy yogurt.)
* 1/4 cup Basil (I used dried, but fresh would also work.)
* 2 tblsp Grapeseed Oil
* 3/4 tsp Salt (adjust according to your own tastes)
* 1 tsp Butter (vegans can use Earth Balance Spread)
* 1 small Onion, finely chopped
* 1 cup Quinoa (rinsed, to remove bitterness)
* 1 1/2 cup Vegetable or Chicken Broth
* 2 1/2 cups Cauliflower
* 1 can Chickpeas (15-16 ounce)
* Mozzarella Cheese (optional, fresh cut into cubes or grated to sprinkle)
1. Combine yogurt, basil, olive oil, and 1/2 tsp salt in blender (or just mix well with spoon) until well incorporated. Set aside.
2. In pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add quinoa and broth to pot, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl.
3. Boil cauliflower until tender. Drain, and add into quinoa.
4. Stir in prepared dressing, chickpeas, and mozzarella (if using), and remaining 1/4 tsp of salt, until well combined. Serve immediately.
Note: I have eaten this both without the mozzarella and with. It tastes great either way. ❤