This recipe happened quite by chance the other day, by combining 2 different dishes that I had made, and mixing them together into 1 delicious soup! Everyone in the house liked this, so I’ll definitely be making it again, especially after the weather turns cold, and we start looking for those wholesome tummy filling recipes. I apologize in advance for not having specific measurements for everything that went into this soup, but please have fun winging it, and adjusting each ingredient to your specific tastes. This dish is so wholesome, hearty, and tasty, that you really can’t go wrong!
Wild Rice & Quinoa, Chickpea, Chicken & Veggie Soup
* Wild Rice (I used 1 cup – precooked)
* Quinoa (I used 1 cup – precooked)
* Chickpeas (I used 1 – 15ish oz can, drained & rinsed)
* Chicken (to taste – or don’t use any for vegetarian/vegan option)
* Carrots (I used 1 can, drained & rinsed)
* Peas (I used 1 can, drained & rinsed)
* Chicken Broth (I used homemade, from cooking whole chicken in crock pot. Use vegetable broth from vegetarian/vegan option)
* Garlic Herb Seasoning (I had already had some in the broth, but added more to taste in this dish.)
* Salt (I used earth salt to taste)
Cook wild rice & quinoa according to package directions. Drain rice and add back to large bowl. Make enough broth to cover all ingredients in soup, or add in from previously cooking chicken. Add quinoa, veggies, and broth, in with rice. Stir well, until nicely combined. Add in more garlic herb seasoning and salt to taste. Scoop into your favorite soup bowl, and enjoy!